Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
Greater Cincinnati Chapter
1. Make yourself heard. MOAA's chapters provide critical grassroots support for MOAA's national legislative agenda. Our benefits are under attack and MOAA is in the fight to preserve them. Chapter members let their legislators know what's on their minds and open doors for MOAA's legislative team in Washington, D.C. In these difficult times, MOAA members need to stick together and our chapters are the best way we know to do that.
2. Giving back to the community. Chapter members are MOAA's ambassadors in their communities, supporting countless programs that make a difference in the lives of others. These members have gone the extra step to give back in the truest sense of servant leadership.
3. Value added to chapter member lives. MOAA chapters sponsor interesting programs and opportunities to ineract with civic, political, military, and business leaders on issues important to members.
4. Networking with fellow officers. Chapters include second career members in the work force or retired servicemembers who have contacts in the community that can be valuable to transitioning officers.
5. Stay informed. Chapter newsletters, websites, and meetings provide you the latest information on local, state, and national issues and changes to military benefits.
6. Influencing state legislation. Most states have a council of chapters that unites every MOAA chapter in the state. These councils often lobby for and pass state-level legislation that affects military members and their families, such as exempting military retired pay from state income tax or increasing funding for state-run VA programs.
VA Medical Center
Have you thought of volunteering at the VA Medical Center or wondered what you could do to help the veterans there? Click on the link below to see what donations are needed and the volunteer opportunities they. Volunteer Opportunities and Needs
Time is running out.
Governor and State Leaders News Release
Message from State Representative Connie Pillich
Application for Veterans
Application for Veterans Family
Last Updated: September 27th, 2015